The overall objective of this project is to improve the functioning of country specific monitoring/surveillance
networks, and detection and warning systems in the event of diseases with epidemic nature within the ECOWAS
· Needs are identified for coordination, information exchange, training for the NCI/RSCDC network;
· Inter-country exchange fora are organised alternatively in the countries of the sub-region;
· Trainings targeted on the identified needs are organised for NCI managers;
· Inter-country evaluations are conducted on the performance and needs of the INC/RSCDC network;
· Inter-country evaluation reports are produced in partnership with the INC, WAHO and WHO.
· First Steering Committee under the RCDSC held in November 2019;
· Project with GIZ was formally launched in 22-23 January 2019 at Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso;
· Info point session for wider audience on project launch took place in Brussels, February 2019;
· Inception workshop with all key stakeholders held in Abuja in April 2019;
· Workshop at ECOWAS in May 2018 to facilitate preparation of the PAGoDA with GIZ;
· Organise joint evaluations of the operation and needs of the NCIs (National Coordinating Institutes);
· Organise joint evaluations of the operation and needs of the network;
· Organise trainings for and in the countries of the sub-region;
· Advocate for the integration in the NCIs of the activities connected to the health risks;
· Production and dissemination of reports;
· Contract with GIZ for EUR 4m finalised with counter-signatures and first pre-financing paid.
· Preliminary request for budget reallocation under consideration;
· Inception report received end June 2019;
· Some delay in mobilising/recruiting key staff both at the contract and at the RCDSC Decision level;
· Though there has been a technical launch of the project, the political launch is still pending;
· Final report of FWC (395-838) to prepare PAGoDA has been submitted but final payment request
· FA signed in February 2018.
· Follow up on rider request;
· Follow up submission of FWC final payment request (by FWC – 395-838);
· Project monitoring mission to Liberia foreseen for Q2 2020;
· Second request for payment foreseen in Q1.