ECOWAS - Selection of an Individual Consultant to Strengthen the ECOWAS Community Levy (CL) / Sélection d’un consultant individuel en vue du renforcement du Prélèvement Communautaire (PC) de la CEDEAO
Sollicitation de Manifestations d'Intérêt
Des informations générales
Date de publication: Nov 3, 2022
Langue d'origine: Anglais
La méthode de passation de marchés: Acquisition internationale
Avis statut: publié: Nov 3, 2022
Adresse de contact
Adresse : BANGOURA Seydou Kassory Mohamed
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Adresse électronique : Cliquez ici
Site Web: http://www.ecowas.int
Dossier d'appel d'offres et documents joints
TELECHARGER LES DOCUMENTS :
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANCY SERVICES - RECRUITMENT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
Selection of an Individual Consultant to Strengthen the ECOWAS Community Levy (CL)
Reference No. 2-ECW-/VP-DBT/CL/01-11/ne
1. The ECOWAS Commission intends to use part of its budget to finance the contract of an Individual to
strengthen the mobilisation strategy of the ECOWAS Community Levy (CL).
2. The overall objective of this consultancy service is to assess the conditions, structures, and operations
of the CL, to identify weaknesses and to remove constraints on the full implementation of the
Supplementary Act and the efficient management of the resources necessary to finance Community
programmes and activities. The study should also make recommendations to address these weaknesses
and strengthen the terms and conditions for mobilizing CL proceeds. (Please see more information on
the objectives included in the Terms of Reference for this assignment).
3. The services to be provided by the Consultants (“the Services”) shall take into consideration the
deliverables listed in paragraph 4 below. The assignment shall last three (3) months from the date the
contract is signed.
4. Duties and responsibilities of the Consultants: The Consultant’s tasks shall include the following:
• Assess the level of compliance with the provisions of the CL by Member States, identify the causes of
non-compliance and make recommendations that will lead to full compliance with the provisions;
• Evaluate the various operating methods set up at State level, the collection, the repayment of the
proceeds of the Levy by the Member States and make proposals for full compliance with the provisions
of the mechanism;
• Assess the reliability of CL information and its timely transmission;
• Evaluate the system for monitoring the implementation of the Levy mechanism by Member States and
other structures involved, and make recommendations for regular and effective monitoring in order to
strengthen controls and supervision of the conditions and modalities of application of the Protocol;
• Assess the structures and staff involved in monitoring the Protocol at the Commission and make
recommendations to improve the management of the CL;
• Review the system of allocation, transfer and distribution of the proceeds and the management of surplus
funds, and make recommendations for the efficient management of the proceeds;
• Communicate any questions that may arise during the study that could have a significant impact on the
implementation of the CL.
5. The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible individual consultants (“Consultants”) to express their
interest in providing the services. Interested consultants shall provide information showing that they
have the qualifications and experience to provide the requested services. The applicants are to meet
the criteria set out below:
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in either Economics, Business Management, or an equivalent
• Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in finance or management.
• Demonstrated understanding of the financing methods of International Institutions.
• Knowledge of the functioning of the Community Levy mechanism will be an asset.
• Analytical skills and the ability to deal with financial management issues.
• Individual consultants must be fluent in one of the ECOWAS official languages i.e. French, English,
Portuguese (written and verbal communication); with working knowledge of one of the other two
NB: The ECOWAS Commission would like to draw the attention of interested consultants to Article 117 of the
revised ECOWAS Procurement Code on “Fraud and Corruption”, which provides information on
fraudulent or corrupt practices in competition or contract execution. Furthermore, candidates are invited to take
cognisance of the specific information on conflict of interest related to this consultancy service, under Article
118 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code.
6. The selection of the consultant will be made following the criteria for the Selection of Individual
Consultants set out in the Guidelines for Consultants. The candidate with the highest score will be
invited to submit a technical and financial proposal.
Interested consultants may obtain more information by contacting the Procurement Division at the email
below during working hours, i.e., Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT +1).
Email: email@example.com, with copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
7. Expressions of interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be submitted in sealed envelopes marked
“Selection of an Individual Consultant to Strengthen the ECOWAS Community Levy (CL)”, no
later than Thursday, 24th November 2022 at 11:00 a.m. (GMT+1, Nigerian time) to the address
Department of Internal Services,
First (1st) Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P. M. B. 401
Please note that electronic submissions are also ACCEPTED and should be sent to the email addresses
mentioned above in paragraph 6.
Programme de bourses d’étude UE-CEDEAO sur l'énergie durable
EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme on sustainable energy
Programa de Bolsas de Estudo UE-CEDEAO para a área de Energia Sustentável
Monday 10 October 2022 till Friday 28 October 2022 (deadline).
for more information/pour plus d'information :
Calls for Proposals and Tenders Zone Africa- Country Mali / : Deadline 14/08/2022
Voix des jeunes et des femmes pour renforcer la cohésion sociale et le vivre ensemble au Mali
Recruitment of a National Individual Consultant for "DEVELOPMENT OF THE GIABA STRATEGY 2023-2027"
Date : 23 May 2022 - 21 Jun 2022
Venue : GIABA,
Town : Dakar
Country : Senegal
Recruitment of a National Individual Consultant for “DEVELOPMENT OF THE GIABA STRATEGY 2023-2027” …https://www.giaba.org/press/view_2372.html